UPDATE 9: Cabinetry
Cabinets – The Real Space Makers
Custom Cabinets in a house amplify how well a space can work for you and greatly impact the room’s attractiveness. To help define the type, style, and placement of cabinets, White Crane designers talk with clients about how they typically use their home and how they want the space to feel early in the design process. Since cabinets contribute to the functional and visual experience of a home, our team thinks through all the cabinet details from materials and configuration to drawer contents. In this Lake Nokomis remodel, removing and replacing the old cabinets opened up the kitchen while adding even better functionality with an improved layout and increased storage capacity.
8 Steps to Cabinet Fabrication & Install
- Just after framing the cabinet maker came to the site to get the exact measurements for the cabinets outlined in the architectural documents.
- The cabinet maker sent over a cad drawing documenting each cabinet.
- White Crane designers used the drawing to finalize details with the clients like where the trashcan and silverware should go.
- Once approved by our team, the cabinet maker ordered the materials and started fabrication off-site in the cabinet shop.
- For this job, the majority of the installation happened over the course of a single day.
- The cabinet maker’s second day was spent making final adjustments like adding wood fillers at wall edges.
- Meanwhile the cabinet doors and drawers were being painted off-site with either a clear coat or a vivid blue Sherwin Williams paint named Sea Serpent.
- The final step was getting the drawer and doors back on site and attached to the cabinets!